Sunday, January 11, 2009

tactile self-portrait

Why do I use my image so often? Perhaps do I love too much myself? Perhaps do I am narcissist? This is not a great self-esteem mixed with cult of myself!
I am the only human model that I have at hand!And it is very fun to play with my own image, You too,try and play with your image!

This painting is called Icon.
I have played with the Byzantine painting, rich of gold and metallic contrasts.
I have added a 'tactile' element made with yarn of wool and silk. Also the painting that I used is very tactile: the layers of color are similar to lumps. I did not glue the yarn everywhere because I wanted the yarn to move in the air.
The child above the head is the new, new ideas, the change.The butterflies... I simply adore them, but They are also very common symbols!
For me, a Painting is created for the eyes and hands...and a little for the ears, the yarn rustles in the wind!






13 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

AMAZING Art!
Happy New Year to You!
Sandra Evertson

Unknown said...

Oh so beautiful...I enjoy seeing what you will come up with next.

Smiles

Sonia ;)

Barbara/myth maker said...

Beautiful, Stefania! I think it's wonderful how you use your face. Faccia bella!

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Very Lovely piece of art Stef, and lovely woman too:) I like the mixed media, very creative!!

HUGZ
Jacqui

As Seen Thru My Eyes said...

How fun, Stef! I love the colors and the texture and of course the butterflies.

Sue said...

Stef, this is amazing! Gorgeous piece of mixed media art (you model is
lovely too *smiles*)

Sue:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful explorations.
What a wonderful colorful and playful way to get to know thy self.

3rdEyeMuse said...

you, butterflies, brilliant colors & all that texture ... could we possibly ask for more?!? fantastic piece. wish I could touch it. :)

Unknown said...

Please visit my blog, I just gave you an award. Enjoy:}

Heidi Alfonzo said...

hello my friend! Guess what? I have given you an award! It's all in Spanish but basically it's a recognition to those blogs who exist to make a difference! The award is posted on my blog and, if you wish, you nominate 7 (or more or less) bloggers! Congrats!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

FUN piece and happy birthday month Capricorn lady!

Hope I did not miss it!!! :-)

Chris

NWPB said...

I love the texture and the fuschia color!! Very powerful!

Stephanie said...

Cool concept!