Christmas day...(name day, December 26)....MY Birthday (December 28)....HOLIDAYS!!!! eat,cook, smiles,people, confusion, gifts...but I love it!
I want to thank you!
I think these drawing will be part of a book for the next year...
I want to thank you!
For more News about the Secret Santa 2008, visit Artmind and to see all the gifts sent and received visit the Flickr Pool http://www.flickr.com/groups/967183@N23/
Thank you friend, for this Christmas gift experience, and thank you for This wonderful team!
....I forgot to tell you where is my secret Santa...I sent a doll to Iceland, I hope my secret friend will post my Marquise of Tea... Tinna...? are you reading?
(Saint Lucy's body, Venezia, Church of Saint Lucy,Italy. Go to see the Church at http://digilander.libero.it/santigeremiaelucia/ )
(Saint Lucy of Siracuse, Italy)
Dante also mentions Lucia in Inferno Canto II as the messenger "of all cruelty the foe" sent to Beatrice from "The blessed Dame" (Divine Mercy), to rouse Beatrice to send Virgil to Dante's aid. She has instructed Virgil to guide Dante through Hell and Purgatory. Lucia is only referenced indirectly in Virgil's discourse within the narrative and doesn't appear; the reasons for her appearing in this intermediary role are still somewhat unclear to scholars, although doubtless Dante had some allegorical end in mind, perhaps having Lucy as a figure of Illuminating Grace or Mercy or even Justice.Nonetheless Dante obviously regarded Lucia with great reverence, placing her opposite Adam within the Mystic Rose in Canto XXXII of the Paradiso.
In Mark Musa's translation of Dante's Purgatorio, it is noted that Lucy was admired by an undesirable suitor for her beautiful eyes. To stay chaste she plucked out her own eyes, a great sacrifice for which God gave her a pair of even more beautiful eyes.
(Francesco del Cossa, Saint Lucy)
...Lucy's name also played a large part in naming Lucy as a patron saint of the blind and those with eye-trouble. She was the patroness of Syracuse. (Italy)
(Saint Lucy,Domenico Beccafumi, Italy)
(Saint Lucy's burial, Caravaggio, Italy)
Is It for you a special Day around the World? I want to know! write on my blog!
ciao, thanks Lisa!
1.They called him Gustav Augusta http://gustavaugusta.blogspot.com/ because She lives in Finland and I love her magic atmosphere....
2. Bambole di pezza http://bamboledipezza.blogspot.com/ because It's the first italian site that I follow (and I'm italian!)
3. Designs by CK http://designsbyck.blogspot.com/ have you seen the CK Hallomas tree 2008? incredible, I love it!
4. Ohm Sweet Ohm http://travellingthesound.blogspot.com/ very interesting!
5. The dark ravens nest http://darkravensnest.blogspot.com/ have you seen her dad's carving?
6. Odddollz by Jaqui http://odddollz.blogspot.com/ She is a little sister of Frankenstein eheheheh
7. The CopperMouse Dolls http://thecoppermouse.blogspot.com/ She has a new incredible, wonderful doll, She is Madeleine Grace, go to see her!
8. Little arty crafty crow http://littleartycraftycrow.blogspot.com/ I love her design and the drawings!
9. That Creative Place http://thatcreativeplace.blogspot.com/ Lisa Gatz is my friend and She has wonderful worskshops! I hope we can collaborate very very soon....
I love you all so much!